- Flash, glow and BRET test
- In-plate measurements up to 384 wells
- Read above and below
- Annealing mode up to 45 or 65°C
- Simultaneous dual emissions
- Well scan with up to 900 data points per well
- Sample injection at measuring point
- Easy integration into automation systems
LUMIstar Omega – Microplate reader
The LUMIstar ® Omega is a dedicated microluminescent reader from BMG LABTECH that provides highly sensitive flash and light meter readings. This DLReady certified microplate reader can also be equipped with Simultaneous Dual Emissions for BRET applications and can be further upgraded to a multimode reader.
|Detectability||Luminescence (flash and luminescence)|
|Measurement modes||Read above and below.
Endpoint reaction methods and kinetics.
Continuous multiple emission.
Simultaneous dual emission.
Output and input hold ratio measurements.
|Microplate form||Plates 6 to 384 wells|
|Microplate holder||Compatible with Robots|
|Probe||Low-gain photomultiplier lamp|
|Ability to customize wavelength||Through optical filter|
240-740 nm for LUM
<20 amol/well ATP.
|Reading time||16 seconds (96 wells), 47 seconds (384 wells).|
|Shake||Linear, circular, double-circular swing trajectory, time and velocity
|Filter the air||The system injects atmosphere or vacuum into the reader.|
|Annealing mode||+4°C above ambient up to 45°C or 65°C
The upper heating plate of the annealing chamber operates at a temperature 0.5°C higher than the lower plate. This prevents steam build-up on the lid or sealing gasket.
|Software||Includes Multi-user Reader Control and MARS Data Analysis Software.
Compliant with FDA 21 CFR Part 11.
|Size (WxDxH)||44 cm x 48 cm x 30 cm|
|Optical filter||Wheel with 8 emission filters.|
|Optical path||Upper : light guide bar filled with liquid.
Below: optical fiber.
|Reagent injection unit||Up to 2 reagent injectors are built-in.
Inject at measuring site (6 to 384-well).
Individual injection volumes per well (3 to 500 µL).
Variable injection rate up to 420 µL/s.
Up to four injection events per well.
- 260/280 ratio measurement for DNA and RNA, purity assessment
- Quantification of proteins, RNA
- Cell tests, cell viability
- Enzyme activity test
- Protein determination, antigen-antibody test
- Determination of antioxidant capacity in plant and food samples
- Monitor bacterial growth