Axiolab 5 – Digital Lab Microscope for Biology
Your Smart Microscope for Easy Digital Documentation
Experience a completely new form of digital documentation with Axiolab 5 and the microscope camera Axiocam 208 color. Just focus your sample and press a single button for crisp images in true color. Smart Microscopy then takes over.
- Objective Lenses: Infinity corrected A-Plan Achromat 10x, 40x, 100x oil objectives.
- A-Plan Achromat 10x/0.25, WD = 4.5mm
- A-Plan Achromat 40x/0.65, WD = 0.45mm
- A-Plan Achromat 100x/1.25 Oil, WD = 0.22mm
- Viewing Head: Two options are available (select when ordering):
- Trinocular head inclined 30º with 50/50 photo tube, reversed image. Viewing height adjustable from 380-415mm.
- Ergonomic trinocular head inclined 20º with continuous vertical adjustment of 44mm, reversed image variable, with 100:0/0:100 photo tube.
- Eyepieces: Widefield 10x / 22 focusing eyepieces, accepts 26mm diameter reticle. Diopter adjustment +/-5. Interpupillary distance adjustable from 48-75mm. Includes eyecups.
- Total Magnification: 100x, 400x, 1000x.
- Specimen Stage: 210mm W x 145mm D right hand mechanical stage with X-Y travel of 75mm x 30mm, hardcoated anodized surface with rackless X-guide positioned at bottom, hidden gear in the Y-guide. Right drive 135mm (extendable by 15mm), with friction setting. Includes specimen holder for one-hand operation with left side spring lever.
- Focusing: Coarse and fine focusing. Z focus range is 15mm.
- Condenser: Abbe condenser 0.9/1.25 NA.
- Illumination: Transmitted light illumination white LED 10w. 100~240V. ECO mode and light management control button. Certified RoHS, CE, CSA.
- Stand Features: Full Köhler encoded stand, encoded 5-position nosepiece tilted backwards, cord storage, and carrying handle integrated into stand. Integrated solution to accommodate tools when stored, integrated power unit.
- Digital Camera: Includes 0.5x c-mount adapter and Axiocam 208 color digital camera, 8 megapixels, 3840 x 2160 pixels, pixel size 1.85µm, sensor size 1/1.7″, 30fps @ 4K / 1080P, with output for USB3, HDMI, ethernet.
- Software: Includes ZEN Lite starter software. ZEN Lite allows control of the Axiocam microscope cameras, the ability to create, manage, and export images and videos, and measure lengths and contours interactively.
- Software Calibration: If you plan to make measurements using the software you will need to calibrate the microscope. Calibrating your software with the microscope requires use of a stage micrometer. When ordering please select this option if you do not already have a stage micrometer. The stage micrometer is 1mm / 100 divisions. If NIST certification is selected 10 points will be certified. Please note that NIST certification takes approximately 2 weeks.
- Size & Weight: 8.3″ W x 18.6″ H (without camera) x 16.5″ D, 18 lb.
- Warranty: 1 year.
- Includes: Dust cover, Immersol 518N, oiler 20ml
Increase Efficiency in Your Routine Lab
Once you find a region of interest, simply press the snap button right on the stand to acquire the image. It’s as easy as that. Axiolab 5 offers you an easy handling, ergonomic user concept that’s adapted to your lab routine. You can control the microscope and its attached camera without even changing your grip. Your smart microscope system then automatically adjusts the parameters for you and documents your sample precisely as you see it through the eyepieces – detail- rich and in true color. The correct scaling is always included automatically. You don’t need to invest in another computer or software either. With smart microscopy you’ll work more efficiently and always stay focused on your sample.
Clever Ergonomics for Relaxed Lab Work
Axiolab 5 is strong on ergonomy and efficiency. You can access all the main controls with just one hand, including the Snap button, stage drive, focus adjustment, and brightness control. Ergotubes and the height and torque adaptable stage handle allow you to work in a comfortable position, even during extended use. The dual specimen holder means fewer slide changes – for example, when you’re examining IHC slides – so fatigue is reduced. The new light manager provides uniform brightness at all magnifications, eliminating manual lamp intensity adjustments when changing objectives. Overall, Axiolab 5 minimizes and eases out manual steps, allowing you to work more efficiently and in greater comfort.
Boost your Efficiency – with Smart Microscopy
Efficiency and quality are key in your lab, but it can take a lot of time to acquire detail-rich, true-color images. You know the drill: place the sample, focus your region of interest, switch to the computer, adjust settings such as white balance, exposure time and gain, then acquire an image, insert a scale bar, switch back to the microscope… and so on. That’s what a typical documentation workflow looks like.
Now, with the Axiolab 5 system, you can stay focused on your sample at all times, thanks to smart microscopy. Digital documentation is inherent in the system design. Just press the ergonomic Snap button on the microscope and you’re done. The procedure integrates perfectly with your established microscopy workflow and boosts your efficiency tremendously.