Photometry Mode: Perform quantitative analyses in either absorbance or transmittance modes. Select from single up to 5 different individual wavelengths, nucleic acid/protein A260/A280 ratios and set up calibration curves for concentration measurements.
Time Scan: Perform kinetic measurements for time periods ranging from 10 seconds to >27 hours. Measurement intervals are factory preset and automatically selected when the scan time is set.
Wavelength scan: Perform a full spectral scan from 190 nm – 1100 nm at any of 9 incremental and preset selectable scan speeds starting from a high resolution 10 nm/min up to a maximum scan speed of 6,000 nm/min. Data is displayed as a graphical spectrum on which data analysis can be performed through the touchscreen interface with zoom, peak-valley, smoothing and other functions available through the easy to use menu interface.
- Concentration measurement
- Absorbance/Transmittance measurement
- Hexavalent Chromium, Nucleic acid measurement (nucleic acid purity, nucleic acid concentration, protein concentration calculation)
- Wavelength scan
- Time change
- Single and multi-wavelength photometry
To ensure optimum instrument performance, self-diagnosis incorporating a number of parameters and wavelength calibration are automatically initiated upon start-up. Furthermore, the DS5 is equipped with a GLP/GMP feature for analyses requiring validation and auditing. Parameters such as wavelength accuracy, wavelength reproducibility, bandpass, baseline flatness, baseline stability and noise level can all be validated.
- Scale changing, Trace, Spectrum overlay, Peak & trough detection, Smoothing, Differentiation, and Area & rate calculating
- Internal memory, External USB, SD card
- File output in CSV and text format
Optional Visacle® PC-controlled Software
Visacle® offers all control, validation, data analysis and reporting functionality for DS5 in one PC-operated software package. Collected data is stored in a secure database, where it can then be organised and analysed, as well as exported in .txt, .csv or PDF format.
Visacle® can be purchased as a CFR Part 11 compliant package for users requiring additional security. Features include:
- Configurable user profiles with secure login and e-signatures
- Audit trail logging of all actions taken
- Permission system to restrict actions and data access to authorised users