- Designed for tall-profile package inspection such as metal cans, plastic bottle x-ray, cartons and standup pouches.
- Large horizontal beam provides improved sensitivity and more accurate results when scanning vertically-oriented containers.
- Specific software algorithms developed for tall profile packages look for contaminants in problem areas such as package edges, bottom center and top.
- Performs product verification inspections to estimate fill level or determine whether a package is dented or has a missing closure.
- Engineered for high-speed can, bottle, carton and pouch lines of up to 500 packages per minute.
- Easy to install and use — compact length fits into tight production spaces, height easily adjusts to match existing conveyor.
- Available in straight or curtainless chicane line configurations.
- Optional conveyors for turnkey configurations.
0902 638 688
Sideshoot Xpert – X-ray Inspection System
Meet the challenge of detecting foreign objects anywhere in cans and bottles with the Thermo Scientific™ Xpert™ Sideshoot X-Ray Inspection System. This high speed, high performance horizontal x-ray beam (back to front) system provides single beam x-ray inspection for tall, upright packages and includes software specifically tailored to detect objects in all regions of cans and bottles. The system is designed to use an existing conveyor to reduce cost and floor space. The system meets HACCP requirements and can be upgraded to meet IP69K washdown specifications.
|Belt Speed||5m/min to 80m/min (16ft/min to 263ft/min), built-in VFD optional to control conveyor speed|
|Description||Xpert Sideshoot X-Ray Inspection System|
|Detection Area||Bottom, sides, body and top|
|Digital Inputs||6 available (two reserved for photoeyes, one for encoder)|
|Digital Outputs||4 available (one reserved for a rejection device)|
|Compressed Air||80 psi to 100 psi (5.5 bar to 6.9 bar)|
|Conveyor Heights Available||900 mm +/- 100 mm (35.4 in. +/- 3.9 in.), customer supplied or optionally supplied by Thermo Fisher|
|Detector Scan Rate||Up to 2800 lines/second|
|Detector Resolution||0.8 mm standard, 0.4 mm optional|
|USB Port||2.0 watertight port on outside of machine|
|X-Ray Curtain||Not Required in Chicane Configuration|
|X-Ray Curtain Material||Proprietary No-lead Material|
|X-Ray Power||80 kV, 6 mA (480 W)|
|Electrical Requirements||190 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 20-amp service|
|Export/Safety Conformance||CE, UL508A standard in North America|
|Human Machine Interface||15-inch diagonal touchscreen with protective cover|
|Inspection Algorithms Available||Gross underfill, general cap/bent can detection and other customizations|
|Interface Languages||English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Chinese; Others available on request|
|Intrusion Protection Rating||IP65, optional upgrade to IP69K|
|Machine Cooling||Built-in 3750 BTU (1100W) cabinet air conditioner|
|Minimum Product Gap||10mm (0.4 in) required for x-ray acquisition and accurate rejection|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 38°C (41°F to 100°F)|
|Radiation Safety Conformance||FDA CFR 21 part 1020.40, UK IRR 1999, RED act (contact factory for other regional certifications)|
|Relative Humidity||20% to 90% non-condensing|
|Safety Features||X-ray power key, emergency stops, radiation curtains, LED X-ray imminent/on lights, all doors equipped with magnetic interlocks|
|System/Conveyor Lengths Available||1.8 m (5.9 ft) straight configuration with curtains, 3.1 m (10.2 ft) chicane configuration no curtains (not including optional conveyor).|
|Detection Algorithms Available||Binary Thresholds (several types) and 1D/2D Contrast|