The Tinius Olsen model 100R is a high elongation extensometer that is designed to measure the ‘stretch’ of a wide range of materials including elastomers and non-rigid plastics.
The initial measuring length, or gage length, can be changed to suit the specimen size or the test standard that is being applied.
The unique design ensures an extremely low tracking force for testing sensitive materials, as well as a robust construction that can easily withstand the high release forces and breaking energies with certain specimens.
The design also incorporates a simple yet effective method by which the extensometer followers are attached to the specimen, allowing rapid throughput of testing.
- Elongation measurement range: 720mm/28.35in (extended options available)
- Gage lengths: 10, 15, 20, 25, 40, 50mm
- Accuracy: 1% on 25mm gage length, ISO 5893 class A, ASTM E83 class C
- Resolution: 0.01mm/0.0004in
- Tracking force: <10g/<0.02lbf
- Specimen thickness: 0-5mm/0-0.2in
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1015 x 53 x 200mm/40 x 2.1 x 7.9in
- Weight: 5.5kg/11lb